Iraq Links for More Information
Author and Page information
This print version has been auto-generated from http://www.globalissues.org/article/465/iraq-links
This section has hardly covered the myriad of issues that this war has raised, and would no doubt prove hard to keep up with all the events. The following are just a small sample of web sites that provide further analysis, from media/propaganda analysis, to geopolitical analysis, news coverage, mainstream news, diverse news and views from around the world and more. Many of these web sites provide extensive links to other web sites too.
- For media analysis and non-mainstream coverage, commentary and geopolitical analysis:
- MediaLens1 provides a lot of media related analysis
- Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting2 also provides a lot of media analysis and studies. For Iraq, see in particular:
- News Insider5 collates news from around the world
- Truthout.org6 also collates mainstream news
- AlterNet7 an alternative news site
- ZNet8 provides a lot of analysis and commentary
- oneworld.net9 provides links and articles from a number of organizations from around the world
- Common Dreams10 provides a number of articles, analysis and commentary
- Democracy Now!11 radio show provides a lot of analysis with archived radio shows all downloadable.
- The Hoot12, and Indian magazine with media-related analysis.
- Foreign Policy In Focus13 provides analysis of foreign policy issues.
- YellowTimes.org14 provides analysis of many issues. Side NoteIn case you were wondering the "yellow" refers to yellow journalism. As they say on their site, "Today we live in an age of yellow journalism, where the mainstream media sensationalizes their content in order to increase circulation and increase profits."
- Inter Press Service15 news agency has a section on the Middle East on their web site.
- For just a small sample of mainstream outlets which all have more links to other sources
- The Independent18 newspaper from UK has a section on the Middle East
- Iraq and the Media19 from a UK newspaper, the Guardian and their MediaGuardian section provides many articles on the issue of media reporting, especially in light of the Iraq crisis of late.
- Channel 422, a mainstream channel in the UK has a world news section that includes articles on Iraq.
- From a human rights and relief work angle
- Amnesty International23 have been sending out many alerts and updates
- Human Rights Watch24 has also been sending out many alerts and updates
- Oxfam25 web site provides many details about the situation.
- International Red Cross26 has a special section about Iraq and the humanitarian response
- ReliefWeb27 from the United Nations provides many updates and links to other UN sites.
This article is part of the following collection:
- Iraq—2003 onwards; War, Aftermath and Post-Saddam
- Iraq - WikiLeaks - More Damaging Revelations for the US
- Iraq War Media Reporting, Journalism and Propaganda
- Aftermath and Rebuilding Iraq
- Iraq: Lack of Security and Deteriorating Conditions
- Justifying the Iraq War and WMDs
- Iraq War and Geopolitics
- Handover of Power to Iraqis
- Iraq Links for More Information
(Note that listed here are only those hyperlinks to other articles from other web sites or elsewhere on this web site. Other sources such as journal, books and magazines, are mentioned above in the original text. Please also note that links to external sites are beyond my control. They might become unavailable temporarily or permanently since you read this, depending on the policies of those sites, which I cannot unfortunately do anything about.)
Back to top