This page lists recent changes made to this site such as new pages, or updates to existing sections. The "Find Out More" links will take you to the changes. If this jumps to the middle of a page, you can easily scroll up to understand the context of the new information a bit further.
Date of Update
July 31, 2002
- The "war on terror" section on this site has been restructured. The growing list of external articles reposted on this site (approximately 85 now) meant that the whole section was restructured. The articles are now grouped into different categories to try and reflect the numerous perspectives or angles that the war on terror has taken. You can now view the list of articles on this site by categories such as the media, geopolitics, the new war on terror, the issue of civil rights, terrorism, FAQs and more. At the same time, some additional articles have also been added in the course of this month. Scroll to the bottom of the front page of this section to get to the new sections, or use the side navigation. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Middle East / Geopolitics
- International news coverage is still declining in many nations. A critical aspect of a functioning democracy is being informed in order to be able to participate in that democracy. One of the most important ways that most people are informed is through their mainstream media. Even nations that are proud of their free press have problems of lack of diverse coverage. Some updates to the media section have been added on research showing a large decline in coverage of international issues in the British mainstream media. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Mainstream Media
- July 20th marked four years of the global issues web site! The past year has seen almost 2.5 million page views and the average per month is generally rising. This is more than a doubling from last year. As some older and more regular readers may have noticed, the frequency and quantity of updates has reduced somewhat (mainly due to having less spare time, as this site continues to be developed in my spare time only). However, it is still growing without any underwriting and sponsorship, other than what comes out of my pocket. Thank you so much for your continued support and please do tell your friends and colleagues about the global issues web site if you find it useful. To do so, you can also use this link.
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
- Sign up for free email updates
- Try the
- Follow globalissues.org on facebook or
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.