This page lists recent changes made to this site such as new pages, or updates to existing sections. The "Find Out More" links will take you to the changes. If this jumps to the middle of a page, you can easily scroll up to understand the context of the new information a bit further.
Date of Update
May 31, 2002
- No sooner than the International Criminal Court was established, the U.S. pulled out. This has increased criticisms of the U.S. approach to numerous international treaties. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Geopolitics
- A United Nations report revealed that most companies in each industry are not actively integrating social and environmental factors into business decisions. As a result, the report points out that there has been a growing gap between the efforts to reduce the impact of business and industry on nature and the worsening state of the planet. And yet, for the few companies that might be trying, they risk losing out on 'competitive advantage' due to additional costs that can be involved. It is therefore a systemic and ideological problem that does not bode well for the environment. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Corporations / Trade and Economic Issues
- In 2001, the United States became the largest donor of foreign aid in dollar amounts, for the first time since 1992. But in terms of the percentage of its GNP, it still remained the worst of the rich nations. Regardless of which country has been worse or best donor, most have failed for years to meet their agreed obligations of providing 0.7 percent of GNP as aid to poorer countries in developing out of poverty. And even when aid has been given, aid has been used as a foreign policy tool to aid the donor not necessarily the recipient. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Poverty / Third World Debt / Trade and Economic Issues
- A few additional articles on various aspects of the so called "war on terror" have been posted. Articles include those on the issue of the media, of the geopolitics, articles from various authors and web sites around the world. (See the growing list of articles at the following link.) Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Middle East / Geopolitics
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
- Sign up for free email updates
- Try the
- Follow globalissues.org on facebook or
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.