This page lists changes to this site for June 2005.
The permanent link for this update is:
2003, which are the latest figures available, shows a continued trend of arms sales mostly to the Middle East and Asia. While there is a decline in overall sales, the trend of selling to a few countries, and to human rights abusers continue. Updated graphs and numbers.
The US military budget for 2006 has increased to over $440 billion and the US still remains the highest spender, almost higher than all the rest combined. Updated graphs and numbers.
As the recent massive Millennium Ecosystem Assessment shows, global environmental degradation is severe endangering the planets capability to sustain us as we waste resources and put more and more pressure on ecosystems. Small update added.
The US Air Force is pushing for weapons in space. Yet, this would go counter to the major international agreements such as the Outer Space Treaty and the Prevention of Outer Space Arms Race resolution. Small update added.
You can also
- View changes in other months and years in the What’s New Archives
- Get notified when there are new updates
- See a tip on how to highlight the updated text of listed pages
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.