What’s New December 2013
This page lists changes to this site for December 2013.
An overview of the Climate Change Conference (also known as COP 19), held in Warsaw, Poland in November 2013.
Predictably and sadly, the same issues have resurfaced: West stalling on doing anything, lack of funding, disagreement on priorities, etc.
This page is an overview of the Warsaw Climate conference and also includes a feed of latest news stories from Inter Press Service’s coverage of the conference.
In recent weeks there have been more questions about whether climate change has paused, or even stopped. However, it seems that maybe these suggestions are coming from looking at long term surface temperature changes only which do seem to have shown a small decline in very recent years. But the bigger picture shows that overall, unfortunately, warming continues.
In addition to more details and images about the above issue, the climate change introduction page was updated with additional notes about rising emissions and the super-storm typhoon Hiayan.
You can also
- View changes in other months and years in the What’s New Archives
- Get notified when there are new updates
- See a tip on how to highlight the updated text of listed pages
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.