Human Rights Links for more Information
Author and Page information
This print version has been auto-generated from https://www.globalissues.org/article/155/human-rights-links
The Following web sites provide more in-depth information on human rights:
- OneWorld1 is an excellent web site for issues regarding human rights, sustainable development, justice and so on. It is also comprised of over 1200 partner web sites from around the world to bring a variety of perspectives and voices not often seen in mainstream reporting.
- Amnesty International2 does a lot of work around the world. Their ideals and mandate is based on the UN's Universal Declaration of Human Rights3. Their web site is very large including reports on all nations, details on different aspects of human rights, etc.
- Human Rights Watch4 investigate and expose human rights violations and provides a lot of information. They have many campaigns and other sections on their site.
- This Human Rights Education5 web site from the Human Rights International Alliance6 has a nice primer and educational tools for teachers etc., on human rights.
- This philosophical definition of Human Rights7 is quite interesting.
- This report called Our Global Neighborhood8 from the Commission on Global Governance9 looks at the issue of strengthening and improving the world community in an effort to improve the lives of all of us.
- The Guardian newspaper in Britain has a special report section on human rights10.
- CorpWatch11 has a feature on human right12 and explores the corporate involvement in numerous human rights abuses and the corporate influence in political areas which may have played a part in coups, brutal regimes etc.
- United Nations13. The UN was created14 after World War II to ensure peace, rights and a better standard of life in general. The following links are all from the UN showing just a few different aspects of human rights issues covered (the UN system is so massive that this list represents hardly any of it):
- The Fact Sheets18 from the UN provide information on a variety of human rights issues.
- The Human Development Reports19 provide a thorough analysis of major human development issues and indications.
- UN's Commission for Human Rights.20 Lots of information including a link to the Universal21 Declaration of Human Rights, various human rights resolutions, a link to various treaties22 etc. Plus a good quote from Mr. Kofi Annan, United Nations Secretary-General:
It was never the people who complained of the universality of human rights, nor did the people consider human rights as a Western or Northern imposition. It was often their leaders who did so.
- The Digital Freedom Network23 is a unique web site that is promoting the use of the Internet to advance free speech and human rights around the world. There is an interesting section called the Voices for Freedom24 section which allows dissidents to speak. They also provide many links to more information as well.
- The Derechos Human Rights25 web site is an internet-based human rights organization, working to promote human rights all over the world. They have many resources as well as a directory of internet links26 to other human rights-based organizations. They use the internet as their primary information and communication tool.
- People's Decade of Human Rights Education27 (PDHRE-International) work to develop and advance pedagogies for human rights education relevant to people's daily lives in the context of their struggles for social and economic justice and democracy.
- Human Rights Monitor28 compiles news articles and commentaries that address issues of human rights from news sources throughout the world.
- FreedomInfo.org29 links the efforts of freedom of information advocates around the world, providing information on freedom of information laws and how they were drafted and implemented, including how various provisions have worked in practice.
- The Human Rights Blog30 tries to discuss and point to human rights issues from around the world, referencing a wide variety of sources.
0 articles on “Human Rights Links for more Information” and 1 related issue:
Read “Human Rights Issues” to learn more.
Back to top