Population Links for More Information
Author and Page information
This print version has been auto-generated from https://www.globalissues.org/article/220/population-links
To find out more about population related issues, check out the following web sites:
- OneWorld has a guide on Population1 and provides a lot of background information and links to other related sources.
- The United Nations2 have a number of online resources. The following links are just a small example:
- The United Nations Population Fund3.
- The United Nations Development Programme9.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization12 of the United Nations
- The UNEP13, United Nations Environment Programme
- The Global Environment 2000 Outlook report14 looks into the various issues causing environmental crisis that affect humanity.
- Is population the problem?15 from Oxfam Community Aid Abroad challenges the view that "the world population brings to many people's minds an image of crisis - overpopulation, depletion of the world's resources, and environmental degradation."
- The Committee on Women, Population, and the Environment16 is an alliance of scholars, activists, and health practitioners providing feminist analysis and engaging in activism on population, environment, and health issues.
- Population Dynamics and Resources17 From Agrepedia provides numerous perspectives.
- "Rivers of Life18 Volume 5, Number 3 1996" from People and the Planet19. This looks at the problems of water that affects societies and how societies can put strain on the water supplies. (Note that you can see the series on Water conflicts by going to their scrolling down to "Rivers of Life")
- This Paper20 argues the point that a lot of the rhetoric we hear today about overcrowding, scarce resources and famine are a myth or in some way inaccurate.
- This criticism of cornucopian views21 is also very interesting. (Please note that while this is an opposite argument to the previous link for further information, it is not a direct argument against that previous paper.)
- The (rather pessimistically named!) Requiem22 web site has links23 to many, many detailed studies on various population issues, as well as other concerns such as natural resource-related conflicts etc.
- The Center for Defense Information have a great section called Water, Land, People and Conflict24. It has a great transcript, maps of hot spots etc.
- The 6 Billion Human Beings25 web site presents many statistics.
- Population?!26 by Michael Albert provides an insight into some of the frameworks of the debate and provides additional views to look at the issue.
- Population: Delusion and Reality27 by Amartya Sen, September 22, 1994. An old but interesting article.
- Populations: A Numbers Game
- Population and Feeding the World
- Stress on the environment, society and resources?
- Other Issues Affect and Get Affected by Population
- Effects of Over-Consumption and Increasing Populations
- Gender and Population Issues
- Population Links for More Information
- Why Is Biodiversity Important? Who Cares?
- Loss of Biodiversity and Extinctions
- Nature and Animal Conservation
(Note that listed here are only those hyperlinks to other articles from other web sites or elsewhere on this web site. Other sources such as journal, books and magazines, are mentioned above in the original text. Please also note that links to external sites are beyond my control. They might become unavailable temporarily or permanently since you read this, depending on the policies of those sites, which I cannot unfortunately do anything about.)
Back to top