Iraq: Links to more information
Author and Page information
- This page: https://www.globalissues.org/article/110/iraq-links.
- To print all information (e.g. expanded side notes, shows alternative links), use the print version:
There are many sites regarding the Iraqi crisis and it would be impossible to list them all, or even a small fraction! However, the following sites provide analysis and information from where you could start off. You will also find many links from these sites to other web sites:
- The Iraq Crisis section from ZMagazine.
- OneWorld's Iraq Under Pressure section about the build up to the 2003 war, and Dispatch on Iraq (updated through to January 1999 but still has some relavant links and articles.)
- Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting has a section that looks at the mainstream media coverage of Iraq related issues.
- MediaLens provides a lot of media related analysis
- Operation Dessert Storm; 10 Years After reveals declassified documents and is compiled by the National Security Archives organization in the US.
- Iraq Special Report from the UK-based Guardian newspaper. They also have a section called Iraq and the Media providing many articles on the issue of media reporting, especially in light of the war on Iraq in 2003.
- National Network to End the War Against Iraq is a network representing 60 organizations from across the United States. It aims to unify the actions and voice of the anti-sanctions/anti-war movement, to increase its effect.
- Effects of Sanctions on Iraq from On Line Journalism Review presents links to many sites of interest.
- Campaign Against Sanctions In Iraq from students at the presitgious University of Cambridge in UK provides many detailed articles and links.
- The various links provided from the Middle East links on this web site.
- Iraq from betterworldlinks.org provides a vast collection of links to web sites discussing the issues surrounding Iraq.
- News Insider collates news from around the world.
- Truthout.org also collates mainstream news.
- AlterNet an alternative news site.
- Common Dreams provides a number of articles, analysis and commentary.
- Democracy Now! radio show provides a lot of analysis with archived radio shows all downloadable.
- Global Policy Forum, an organization that monitors policy making at the United Nations has many links and articles on various aspects of the Iraq issue.
Back to top