Power and Empire Links for More Information
Author and Page information
- This page: http://www.globalissues.org/article/453/power-and-empire-links.
- To print all information (e.g. expanded side notes, shows alternative links), use the print version:
For more information visit the following web sites:
- Deterring Democracy. An online book by Noam Chomsky.
- Institute for Economic Democracy and J.W. Smith, whose work looks back at centuries of "plunder by raid and plunder by trade" to detail how political, economic and military warfare have all been used for the same underlying objective; obtain, maintain or expand power. This site includes on-line books in full.
- Center for Defense Information, an independent military monitor based in
Washington D.C. run by retired military generals, admirals, colonels etc who present a very open and
objective critique of the military policies of USA and the world. They have a TV series called American
Defense Monitor which presents information on the military's effect on the political system, the economy, the
environment, and society as a whole. They also look into foreign policy, international affairs, armed
intervention, and nuclear and conventional weapons. They have some useful web material, including:
- Many other transcripts on a variety of military issues
- A weekly archive of their informative newsletters
- Their Defense Monitors provide insight into some complex issues especially about American military policies.
- The Transnational Foundation for Peace and Future Research from Sweden provides many in-depth views and articles on many issues of today.
- The Peace Pledge Union provides many statistics on wars and conflicts as well as covering many issues related to wars and arms trade.
- Council for a Livable World is an arms control group committed to ridding the world of weapons of mass destruction and eliminating wasteful military spending. They provide many useful reports, statistics and analysis on a variety of issues.
- Foreign Policy in Focus provides many articles that look at US foreign policy with a critical eye.
- The International Network on Disarmament and Globalization looks at the relationship between globalization and peace.
- Right-Web from the Interhemispheric Resource Center looks at “the architecture of power that is changing our world”, looking at various organizations, thinktanks, and people to identify their agendas.
- Military Expansion Serving Economic Objectives
- The Bush Doctrine of Pre-emptive Strikes; A Global Pax Americana
- The Clinton Doctrine of Humanitarian Interventions
- A European Defense Force
- Dominance and Change in the Arctic
- Arms Race
- Foreign Policy—National Interests
- Power and Empire Links for More Information
Back to top