This page lists recent changes made to this site such as new pages, or updates to existing sections. The "Find Out More" links will take you to the changes. If this jumps to the middle of a page, you can easily scroll up to understand the context of the new information a bit further.
Date of Update
November 11, 2001
- A new page introducing the issues behind the Doha WTO meeting has been added. With the fourth World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference in Doha, Qatar, from November 9 to 13, there have been many concerns and criticisms from non-governmental organizations and developing countries on the unfairness and non-democratic nature of the various processes and issues at the WTO. Qatar was the chosen venue because of the restrictive laws on protesting. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Trade Related Issues
- Some additional articles on various aspects of the war on terror have been posted. Articles include those on the issue of the media, of the geopolitics and more, and are from various authors and web sites around the world. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Middle East / Geopolitics
- An International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture was adopted at the beginning of November 2001. While still criticized as a somewhat weak treaty, a welcomed aspect of this treaty is that it will prevent the patenting of food that has not been genetically modified, so that traditional and public knowledge will remain public. The treaty adopted by a vote of 116 to 0 with two abstentions (the U.S. and Japan). Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Genetically Engineered Food / Trade Related Issues
- A new page on the recent COP7 global warming meeting has been added. October 29 to November 9, 2001 saw the seventh session of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) Conference of the Parties (or, COP7 for short). The purpose of the meeting was to agree legal text covering outstanding technical aspects of the political agreement reached in Bonn in July 2001 on how to implement the Kyoto Protocol. While an agreement resulted, there are still concerns that there will be little impact on emissions as a result. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Global Warming
- There are various techniques in propaganda to garner supporting views and opinions. When it comes to preparing nations for war, actually reporting war, or even in non-military issues, propaganda is used to help portray the required image. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Mainstream Media / Geopolitics
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
- Sign up for free email updates
- Try the
- Follow globalissues.org on facebook or
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.