This page lists recent changes made to this site such as new pages, or updates to existing sections. The "Find Out More" links will take you to the changes. If this jumps to the middle of a page, you can easily scroll up to understand the context of the new information a bit further.
Date of Update
December 29, 2002
- Updates have been added regarding the Iraq crisis and the possible build up for war. The recent Iraq declaration was controversial for what it appeared to omit, and for what it appeared to contain, and revealed the extent to which many western governments and companies helped arm Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Iraq / Middle East / War On Terror / Propaganda
- Updates have been added regarding the impact tobacco has on hunger. The social and environmental costs of tobacco are enormous, including the economic costs of dealing with these issues. In addition, it diverts land use away from growing food that could feed people, especially in poor countries. As influence of the tobacco industry has lagged in industrialized countries mired with controversy, it has increased in the developing world. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Hunger and Poverty / Causes of Poverty / Trade and Globalization related issues
- A number of additional articles on various aspects of the so called "war on terror" have been posted. Articles include those on the media and on geopolitics, including of note, an essay from the National Security Archives project, based on recently declassified U.S. documents, revealing the extent to which propaganda was employed in the Middle East during the Cold War.
War on Terror and Media »
Cold War Propaganda »
Full Article List »
- Related Section(s): Middle East / Geopolitics
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
- Sign up for free email updates
- Try the
- Follow globalissues.org on facebook or
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.