This page lists recent changes made to this site such as new pages, or updates to existing sections. The "Find Out More" links will take you to the changes. If this jumps to the middle of a page, you can easily scroll up to understand the context of the new information a bit further.
Date of Update
August 29, 2002
- A new section on this site on the World Summit on Sustainable Development has been added. To start off with, this new page looks at some of the issues surrounding business interests and NGOs and touches upon some of the basic issues that has led to this summit (which are also detailed elsewhere on the global issues web site.) Links to various other web sites covering the summit are also provided. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Sustainable Development / Trade and Economic Issues / Environmental Issues
- Some information on the issue of access to water has been added. Water is a precious resource. Its management recently has been quite controversial in some countries, as privatized water companies have seen prices rise for poor people, while companies are accused of making a profit from a public good. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Trade and Economic Issues / Environmental Issues
- Some additional information on dumping of genetically modified food on poor countries has been added. Food dumping (in the guise of aid, in non-emergency situations) has had a devastating effect on farmers in some poor countries, and has actually increased hunger. Now, there is also what some claim as dumping of genetically engineered foods, and during famines, such as the one in southern Africa right now, it makes for a complex situation. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Food Dumping / Causes of Poverty / Trade and Economic Issues
- A few additional articles on various aspects of the so called "war on terror" have been posted. Articles include those on the issue of the media, on ideology, and on some aspects of the actual war on terror. Find Out More »
- Related Section(s): Middle East / Geopolitics
Check out what was new in:
Get notified when there are new updates
GlobalIssues.org provides various ways you can be notified when there is new content:
- Sign up for free email updates
- Try the
- Follow globalissues.org on facebook or
Tip: how to to highlight updated parts of pages
Most updates are made to existing pages. This is how you can quickly view them:
- If you have a modern browser, look for the Last Updated date text near the top of the article.
- If the text is underlined, you can select it.
- This will bring up a list of dates when the page was updated. (Note only dates since the beginning of 2004, when this new feature was created, will show up.)
- When you select a date, the text that was updated on that date will be highlighted.
- As you scroll down the page, you will see those highlighted sections.